Content

Taking Things Slow

Saturday, March 12, 2011
This Monday I had the privilege of listening to myself play Viola. It was a weird experience for me-not cause I've never heard myself play before-because I had forgotten I let Jacob record me. This particular performance for my friend occurred within the first month of college life at TLU. It was interesting to listen and see myself play. I was surprised to find that it sounded quite nice, especially after my summer break without any practice. :O But it made me feel accomplished.
College life is tough-REEEALLLY TOUGH-but it's manageable. We have a lot of readings and studying to do, all while trying to fit in time for our friends. To say the least, it's unpleasant. But you have to push through. You don't need to warp your brain cramming in information non-stop, we're not machines you know. If you're like me, you've made some changes to adapt to the flow of college and are doing pretty well for the most part. So now I believe it's time for you to take things slow. Gaze out onto the campus-if it's not raining-and admire its beauty. Go for a walk, get some fresh air. Most of all, take time to look at how far we've all come this past month adjusting and pursuing our education. Stop and see the work you've put in since the start of this semester, how it's payed off, and how we're almost halfway there! Remember you've worked hard to be where you are, and we must continue working hard to move forward. Sometimes, like this Monday, you'll catch a glimpse into performances from your past and boast of your success, realizing its a constant slope upward to improvement. We're all doing well, and only 4 more years to go!

Labels

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download

Blog Archive